Saturday, December 09, 2006

Boss Told Me So..

This is a funny incident and foolish to say the least. Only I can get myself into such a situation. My boss invited close to sixty people(from all the divisions that report to him) to his house for a get together, as he was feeling very good about stepping into thrilling thirties. I drove down that evening and I was trusting on my instincts to find a nice parking place near his house. So I did.

I was having a chat with him at his terrace, he looked down and said "That is your car, right?". I said (under my breath) "Wow, he is got a good memory and he remebers my gleaming-red, sex on the wheels", (out loud) Yes you are right, you are looking at my darling 'Eleanor'. He replied, I have neighbours who are quite fussy and they are not particularly fond of seeing 'Eleanor' in front of their driveway. I sprinted downstairs and as I was approaching 'Eleanor' to park her elsewhere, there was a middle-aged man peeping out of his car and waiting for me to move 'Eleanor'. I turned back, and said "Boss has asked not to park the car here". He had a weird expression on his face which screamed, young man you are suffering from foot-in-mouth disease, he remarked I am the owner of the house in front of which you have your car parked. Do I have your boss's permission to park my car there..at least?

Vaninsh Vinayakan, Vanish....

No comments: