Saturday, December 02, 2006

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away....

Of late people close to me have casually remarked, "Vinayakan you are always in control, you need to let go yourself frequently and by doing so you will be able to enjoy life more"...I am trying my best to do the above but I still have doubts whether I am committed to doing so 100%. I think trying is at least is a good start.
Here goes the half-hearted attempt:
I have really forgotten the last time I engaged myself in a 'let's eye-ball each other' situation with a stranger in a public place. I have loved doing it since my hotel days. It is saying so many things without saying anything at all. I try to keep my eye-contact as disarming as possible(or so I believe it to be!). It is more of 'I appreciate your hairdo, dress-sense, smile etc...' Last evening at TGIF(near Priya theatre, New Delhi) there were two girls seated diagonally across the table I was sitting in. The one which was facing me had a simple yet really stylish hairdo with a nice toss of the same at regular intervals. It was nicely resting on her slender, denim clothed shoulders. Initially she was completely engrossed in a conversation with her friend, but when she noticed me *eyeing* her(just eyes..), she would have probably thought "well this guy is cute and there is this tinge of nicety about him, let me enjoy the evening and return the glance". Me and my fertile imagination! After 15-20 minutes we exchanged glances...sigh...sigh...sigh... We continued doing so for close to two hours. I somehow felt there was more to it than we looking at each other. I felt it and and I am sure she felt it too. OK let me hope against hope that she gets to read this post sometime!
I was accompanied by two of my old friends from my hotel days. The conversation was on the lines of we being so open about discussing a lot of things even though we have not met for close to three years and we enjoyed the camaraderie that was there. I talked about blogger and promised there is going to be one posting dedicated to the great evening we had...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahaa! So you are at it again huh? Reminiscent of the classic Vinayakan "drank till I thought I was Brad Pitt" Aiyer; who I remember, for once having sent a note written on a paper napkin to a coupla strangers in Bangalore after downing a few pints. Was fun reading the blog mate!!

Scatterbrained said...

Saurabh, you are a true friend! Thank you for outing me in public. The chic in B'lore was blushing pink and your spy agent Samrat Das was peeing in his pants...but well grapevine never lets these things come to you!

You may want to read my other blogs as well. Congrats on your new set of wheels. VA