Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ear Contact

It all started with 'eye contact'. When I was between five-ten years of age, I was a very shy kid. Whenever there were guest(s) over at my place, they would ask all sorts of questions 1) What is your name? 2) Which school/standard are you in and the like? I usually looked at the floor and answered the questions in the most feeble voice....my dad didn't like what he saw. Once they are gone, dad would train me to look him in the eye and then he would ask me questions for which I have to reply by looking him in the eye with a certain air of confidence. I did that...and I believe it has worked.

Duh...establishing eye contact is a two way street. These days, when I meet someone for the first time, I try my best to establish 'eye contact' and initiate small talk. After the initial few seconds, they start looking at my ears and keep switching from left to right. Maybe they come from the 'ear contact' school of thought! Some go a step further..."is it diamond"? Before I could say "no, it is some cheap stone", they follow it up with another question "Is it solitaire"? Hell No. Curiosity aside, what I wear on my ears is minor part religion, major part vanity....but definitely not for others to establish 'ear contact' :-)

1 comment:

Sai Narayan said...

try this eye contact jig next time when you are dead drunk and let me know which way you look :)