Saturday, February 03, 2007

Action Packed

Things that capture imagination...they happen un-announced and that precisely is the beauty of it. Monday, I was thinking I will exclusively make a blog post for the words that I have learnt new but not got an opportunity to use. Time Warp, Psychobabble, Brand Slut, Laundry Virgin, Past Master, Vertigo to list a few.

Tendulkar scores his 41st hundred, his knock pretty much sealed the match in the first 50 overs itself. His baiters will remain quiet for two more matches and then their tongues will wag again. Let me predict, it will be "he is not making enough runs, he should manage his restaurant business or do some advertisements in between". Tongues are meant to wag and Tendulkar's bat is meant to talk. I am glad it talks to the cricket ball alone.

100 years ago another tongue wagged. "Do you mean to say that Tatas propose to make steel rails to British specifications? Why, I will undertake to eat every pound of steel rail they succeed in making" - Sir Frederick Upcott (Chairman, Board of Indian Railways, in 1907 when Tatas proposed to make steel). Post Tata's takeover of Corus(ex-largest British steelmaker) I am sure Sir Upcott will be turning in his grave. He need not eat steel rails, he can eat his own words for the time being. He may upgrade to steel rails once he succeeds in digesting his own words...tough ask that one!

Between wagging tongues and learning new words I sneaked in some time to learn+play sudoku. I prefer playing it online at www.websudoku.com, try it you will like it too! If not anything it lets the logical juices flow freely.

Last but not the least, I learnt water boils at 212 degree Farenheit. I knew it along it was 100 degree in Celcius. Checkout this 212 degree inspiring video. www.212amovie.com. Go on get inspired!

1 comment:

Fall Out Boy said...

Ok, I am a Brand Slut and was once a Laundry Vigrin too :))Great going tiger!